The DüotexTM is an acoustical PET panel:
- 100% PET panel
- Stiff and flexible panel
- Soft fiber felted finish with a color mix effect on one side
- Stiff on one side only providing structural and tackable properties
- Offers great acoustical properties
- Available in 9 colors
- Available in 6,4mm and 12,7mm of thickness
- Manufactured in North America since 1967
- Fire rated: ASTM E-84 - CAN/ULC-S102
- Panel size: 1,24m x 2,46m (±10%) - 48,8" x 96,8" (±10%)
Feltkütur products can be applied directly on walls, with or without air gap depending of your needs, be suspended from the ceiling horizontally or vertically and be used as a structural panel.
Mold-to-measure with thermoforming
Düotex can be thermoformed into almost any three-dimensional shape. Simply preheat it and shape it by applying pressure in a cold mold. Hot air is generally used for preheating, but another option is to use infrared heaters in a conveyor oven or on a rotary molding table. It is possible to work with several different densities when molding and your options don’t stop here! Düotex can be laminated with a variety of fabrics, including nonwovens such as Feltväri, or with films and knits.
Pressure forming technology
When Düotex is pressure formed between male and female molds, the ideal wall thickness distribution is produced in the cross direction, thereby eliminating the need to stretch the material during the process. The material to be formed should be between 302°F and 375°F (150°C to 190°C), depending on its density and thickness.